Van Hirtum Consulting Group
"Charting Your Success"
© 2006 Van Hirtum Consulting Group All rights reserved.
Code of Ethics
We will adhere to the Council of Consulting Organizations, Inc.’s Board of Directors approved Code of Ethics, which was approved on January 8, 1991:
1. We will serve our clients with integrity, competence, and objectivity.
2. We will keep client information and records of client engagements confidential and will use proprietary client information only with the client’s permission.
3. We will not take advantage of confidential client information.
4. We will not allow conflicts of interest which could provide a competitive advantage to one client through out knowledge of confidential information from another client.
5. We will accept only those engagements for which we are qualified by our experience and competence.
6. We will assign staff to client engagements in accordance with their expertise, knowledge, and experience.
7. We will immediately acknowledge any influences, which may impair our objectivity in dealing with a client and will offer to withdraw from a consulting engagement when our objectivity may have been impaired.
8. We will reach an agreement with our clients in advance of the engagement as to the basis of our fees and expenses; we will charge fees and/or for expenses that are reasonable, legitimate, and commensurate with the services we deliver and the responsibility we accept.
9. We will disclose in advance the nature of any fees that we may receive for any equipment, supplies, or services we recommend to our clients.
10. We will respect the intellectual property rights of our clients, other consulting firms, and our associates and will not use any proprietary information or methodologies belonging to another without permission.
11. We will not advertise our services in a deceptive manner and will not misrepresent the consulting profession, consulting companies, other sole practitioners, or ourselves.
12. We will report violations of the Code of Ethics.